Jamie's Corner

Just a glimpse into my world.
Stay a while.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Vintage. Puppy. Life.

VINTAGE

The Auction Circuit...

Yes, Colton and I are cool twenty-somethings who are in the "auction circuit". Thanks Rex and Jenny! haha

They got us hooked on these auctions a month or so ago...and now we can't get enough. It's so fun to find little treasures. These auctions are all-day events, and somehow, I am entertained the ENTIRE time. No boredom sets in, no anxiety, no sleepiness...it's go go go for 7-8 hours haha.

These auctions have made me realize my love for finding little treasures. Whether for myself or to sale. I love finding a great deal.

Vintage and antique. It's my new thing.

Went to a thrift store today and found a Polaroid camera for $3! Can't wait to get it cleaned up and working. I've been wanting one forever.

I'm actually looking into small spaces at antique malls to see if I can get my foot in the door at selling some of my treasures. Jenny does it and it is SO much fun. But we'll see. I'm looking around and seeing what's available.
________________________________________

PUPPY

Colton and I are incredibly close to buying a puppy. We've been contemplating getting a dog for over a year now...and literally just kept going back and forth. When we finally decided we could handle one, we were thrilled...but the excitement wore off when we couldn't decide on a size (let alone a breed) that we both wanted haha.

I'm in LOVE with the little dogs...the dogs that look like puppies even when they are full grown hehe. I know, I know. I can't help it! Anyhow...Colton said he'd look stupid walking a tiny dog. He wanted at least a medium-sized dog. So we finally started looking at some different breeds...he really wanted a Brittany Spaniel. But eh. Recently, we heard about Shiba Inus and FELL IN LOVE with them. But luckily, Colt and I are both insanely finicky, so we did SERIOUS research on them...and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be a good dog for us.

So long story short (trust me, this could have been a LOT longer haha)...we went from small dog, to medium dog, to big dog! :o) We both LOVE golden retrievers, but didn't think we could do it in our house. But after much thought and discussion, and lots and lots of puppy pictures online, we have decided it's the dog for us. So hopefully, very soon, you'll be seeing pictures of our baby on here. Right now, we are in the process of finding a good breeder and the perfect addition to our family. Can't wait!
_________________________________

LIFE

This weekend I received some very sad news. A friend of mine from school passed away while on tour with his band. We grew up together. He was my neighbor. He was a friend. It's amazing how memories you had completely forgotten will resurface at times like these. I started remembering all the times we spent together as kids...the friendship...

He was one-of-a-kind. He had edge, he was sweet and generous and goofy. I'll never forget him. I'll never forget him calling me Peterson every morning as he got on the bus. I'll never forget the blush of his cheeks whenever he was feeling a bit shy. I'll never forget his good temperament. I'll never forget biking to his house in the hole to hang out.

It makes me regret that I didn't stay in touch better. But we can't live with these kinds of regrets...we have to learn from them. I've always known that you should stay in touch with your friends, and never take anything for granted...but it's amazing how it takes a tragedy to open our eyes even more.

Travis, you were a wonderful human being, and I'm so happy that you were pursuing your dream. You were so full of life, and far too young...but I won't forget. Rest in peace my friend.

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment