Jamie's Corner

Just a glimpse into my world.
Stay a while.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Bliss

This weekend was wonderful. Relaxing and refreshing.

Friday after work, Colton and I did some cleaning (yes, we are crazy twenty-somethings...rockin' out to music as we clean our house on a Friday night haha). Then his sister came by with some of her youth group and they spent the night at our house. It was nice chitchatting...and the next morning Colt made his specialty...banana pancakes! Yum yum.

Saturday I enjoyed a few hours to myself just relaxing while Colt was at work. Then we of course watched the Huskies...lose unfortunately. But what an exciting game. Good effort. That night we went out with friends to support our Relay for Life team. It was at this event that Colton and I discovered the exact dog we want...and we BOTH agreed! Shocking. The rest of the night was spent researching Shiba Inus...and apparently, we'll have to sell our kidneys to afford one haha. We're looking to rescue one now. It would be the perfect dog for us!

Sunday, we spent basically the ENTIRE day out in our yard...being stewards of God's earth. We are redoing our yard and trying to keep it up. Colt has a wonderful garden that we'll be able to enjoy fresh veggies and fruit from, and I picked out these beautiful flowers for the flower patch. We went to Molbak's and had far too much fun for our own good haha. That evening when it started to rain...we went inside, ordered a pizza (we're on the wagon again right babe? haha) and watched Bolt. This was followed with much laughter...as for some reason, that movie cracks me up!! Did some reading on our own, and then did our Bible study and then crashed in bed for a good nights rest.

It really was a wonderful weekend...very simple, but yet so perfect. I got to spend it with the one I love. Couldn't ask for more.

By the way, Colton educated me on the fact that if there are worms in the soil that's a good sign of great soil...well our soil must be the BEST IN THE WORLD...or someone planted a worm farm in our yard haha. I tried rescuing as many as possible while digging up weeds and roots...I have no idea how successful I was...though my flower patch looks freaking awesome, thanks to Colton's skillfull set up of the stone edging.

I'll try to post some pictures of the yard when we're done.

I'll end with this quote: They need a hero to tell people the impossible can become possible if...you...are...AWESOME!!!!

Have a beautiful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment