Jamie's Corner

Just a glimpse into my world.
Stay a while.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stewards of God's Earth

I've never been a green thumb. In fact, my thumb is usually a mish mash of colors because the extent of my "yard work" has been to paint outside in the yard (otherwise i would get paint all over our house). But thanks to Colton...I'm kind of hooked.

If you've read previous posts, there was one where I mentioned our wonderful weekend of gardening and other yard work...spending the day in the beautiful sun being stewards of God's amazing creation.

I am going to post some pictures for those who read this (my family and friends). There will be more to come since we are not done haha...but hopefully this gives you a nice idea. I love spending time in our yard now!

So here is a picture of a cool old stool I bought at an estate sale hehe.

It makes a nice little flower stand.


So this is our flower bed, and at the time of the picture, consisting only of roses. The two beds in the back are Colton's garden and they have already been prepped. We are just waiting for the right day to put his little vegetable babies into the ground haha. The flower bed in this picture is actually already much nicer than it was...colton dug up all the rocks and re-stacked them, and we had gotten most of the junk out of there. But you'll see a difference...


Here my hubby is working hard.

After shots...


This is another portion of our yard, a smaller bed. We planted some flowers here that attract hummingbirds. This it the before...

And the after...

Ok, there's definitely more to come. Lots of yard to work on haha. But just wanted to post an update. Yay.

Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment