Jamie's Corner

Just a glimpse into my world.
Stay a while.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Fun

Ok, so turning 24 isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I swore I was going through a quarter-life crisis...but eh, not much change so far.

This weekend was definitely a fun and celebratory few days.

Started off Friday with a delicious dinner cooked by my hubby (surprise dinner with presents...yay!). He gave me a beautiful cross with a moving Bible passage...very inspirational. And the book the Love Dare. I was a little intimidated, but am really looking forward to growing and connecting even more in our relationship as hubby and wifey. He also gave me some cash to spend at our adventure the next day...see below.

Then we watched the M's kick butt, and then drove home to spend the night at my parent's house. EAARRLLY the next morning, we woke up to go to the HUGE community garage sale at the fairgrounds...and oh my gosh...it was like fun-times overload. I didn't know where to start, or finish. (This is where the cash was needed...and used.)

Then we went to Melder and Calvin's wedding. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. I wish I had more time to get to know Calvin, but I'm excited to get to know him better as he slowly adjusts to our crazy little group. (we'll know he's perfect if he can handle all the insanity haha...like can he eat a gallon of ice cream and then go hiking? oh yeah, and then race to do sit-ups?)

It was like a huge reunion. Great fun at the wedding...seeing everyone. I took some photos that I'll post later. Then afterwards, we went to Rex and Jenny's for a mini coaches' meeting. Rex thought since there were five guys, he needed to make about 200 shishkabobs...seriously. Turns out...even the five eaters couldn't handle that amount of food. So while the boys digested and drank more "sodas", Jenny and I went to get smores, pick up the last two books of the Twilight series for moi, and check out her mom's incredibly cute puppy! (He's a serious fluff-ball.)

And this morning, i kicked off my bday with a yummy hot cocoa and fun shopping at the antique shop (during closed hours...so jenny and I had it all to ourselves). Found me some cute little treasures. Then, Colt and I went back up to Oly to catch a ride with dad to take a cruise up to Port Townsend. It was such a beautiful day! It was a long drive, but once we were there, we met up with Bill Porter...the coolest guy ever. Just to give you a taste, he goes by "Red Pine". Then we went for some yummy food at a little hole-in-the-wall eatery called Sirens. And then of course I had to run around and get some shots of Port Townsend. It was too beautiful and quirky to not. Then we headed home, and then HOME home. Colt and I just chillaxed. I talked with my mom on skype, i played with my bday presents, and then capped off the night with some Twilight reading and Friends.

Really, this was like the ultimate Jamie weekend. :o) Thanks, all, for contributing to a beautiful time!

Aging gracefully...Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment