Jamie's Corner

Just a glimpse into my world.
Stay a while.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Made in Taiwan

I am missing my Taiwan so very much.

My family, my friends, the culture, the atmosphere, the crowdedness, the beauty, the food...oh I could go on and on.

Mom just got back from her month-long visit there. Thank the Lord for skype and webcams! hehe. I got to see my newest second cousin (the first on the Taiwan side). He is absolutely the most precious baby...his aunt Jamie is SO proud. Still trying to think of a good English name for him...they asked me to come up with one. Such pressure!

And now my other cousin is getting married in December...though originally it wasn't going to be until next year...now I'm not sure I can be there! Ugh.

I miss the hustle and bustle of the markets (even if they stink of seafood). I miss the night markets (SO much). I miss my amma's cooking. I miss hanging out with my favoritest cousins in all the land. I miss the big city in an itsy-bitsy country.

I cannot WAIT until Colton and I (and possibly Ev) move back there for a year. I don't know when, I don't know how...but one day we'll be there :o). The fab four will be reunited once again!

Taiwan is part of me...and I love it.

Maybe I should get a tattoo that says "made in taiwan" stamped somewhere HAHA.
Completely joking.

To all my family and friends back on the beautiful island of Taiwan...I miss you more than you can know, I'm so glad I get to skype with you once in a while, and Colton and I love you with all our hearts.

One sweet day...

1 comment: